Our Mission - To Radiate the Light of Christ
CharismIn imitation of Mary, our sisters radiate Christ the Light by offering the gift of their spiritual motherhood to nurture God's life in the hearts of children, families, and people of all ages through works of mercy in service to the Maronite Church, USA.
"A mother's touch, a woman's touch is life-giving for our families. How can the spiritual family that is the Maronite Church do without it?" - Bishop Gregory J. Mansour
Purpose & MissionThe primary purpose of the Maronite Servants of Christ the Light is to give God praise by striving for holiness as prescribed by the rule of the Congregation. Inspired and sustained by a vowed life in a community of prayer and joyful fraternity, the sisters are formed to live the Gospel in service to the pastoral needs of the Eparchy in the Church's mission of the New Evangelization. They are called as servants of the Lord to radiate the light of His merciful love and hope through works of mercy.
SpiritualityThe sisters live a contemplative prayer life centered on the Eucharist and devoted to Mary as their wholehearted response to God's merciful love, and as a vital means to nourish them for community life and apostolic service. See "Maronite Spirituality" for more information on our Syriac Maronite Catholic worship and prayer in the Maronite Church.
Apostolic ServiceThe sisters will serve alongside our priests in various ministries addressing the pastoral needs of our communities:
- Praying for and with our Maronite Communities
- Religious Education/Formation at all age levels
- Retreats and Conferences
- Vocation Awareness and Promotion
- Youth Ministry
- Young Adult Ministry
- Spiritual Support for Marriage and Family
- Visiting the Sick, the Dying, the Grieving
- Spiritual Pilgrimages
Our NameMaronite Servants of Christ the Light
- Maronite the Church we serve, sharing her rich spiritual heritage
- Servants in imitation of Mary who at the Annunciation called herself the "servant of the Lord".
- Christ the Light as a pre-eminent image in our Eastern spirituality;
Christ enlightens and sanctifies our heart, radiating this love to the world through our communal life of sacrifice, prayer and service.